Sunday 10 April 2016

Bird a Day Challenge Auctions

Bird a Day Challenge Auctions

If you been paying attention you'll know that I've had an exciting month here at Felt Towers, at the beginning of March I set myself a challenge to create a bird a day. The rules were simple, each bird had to be needle felted on to a 3 cm felt bead and take no more than 1 hour to make and I had to make one every day for the whole of March. Having made the birds I then had to make sure to photograph and blog each one in turn.

As you can see, I made it through all 31 days! It was a challenge but I didn't miss a day and in the end I had 31 beautiful birds and had learned a lot. You can read about my experience in my Final Thoughts post.
To end the challenge I have decided to auction the birds (except for one which I made for my mum for Mother's Day!) with 5% of the proceeds going to the RSPB to help then continue with the great work they do to preserve Britain's countryside to make a better home for nature and protect our birds and wildlife.

The auction goes live at 7pm on Sunday 10th March (UK time) and will run for 7 days (lots of time to pick your favourites and bid!) you can find all the listings here . Each bird shall be accompanied by it's own individual Certificate of Authenticity, signed by the artist (me) and numbered with the day it was made on.

I'll be around to answer any questions you might have (even the silly ones like if you were a cupcake what would you be? The answer's salted caramel and choc chip BTW) and you can email or facebook me if you have any queries.
Thanks for reading, I hope to see you at the auction

xx
mel
 

No comments: